Sunday, August 26, 2012

Review: Shiseido Foundation Brush

I have this brush since last September. As i have heard a few good review on this and this is also Shiseido "first" brush that they have come out. Believing Shiseido product quality, I decided to give it a try. Also, for a quality brush, it cost only S$40! (I got mine with 20% off~)


It claims:
"Finally, a foundation brush for use with all formulations - liquid, cream or powder. Shiseido's innovative technology combines with traditional Japanese brush-making techniques to create the perfect foundation finish. Excellent pick-up of all types of formulas for a uniform application and impeccable finish. Gently tapered strands create an angled slant that best allows bristles to reach all facial contours. Short handle allows for precise control during application and portability for travel."


Package:
I have to say that i am in love with the handle. Though it's slightly shorter (4.5") than normal MAC brushes, more like a travel brush, the quality of the handle makes them look very elegant and expensive. I like the fact they use dark Metallic plum colour on the head of the brush with contrast of black and brown. It just make makes that bit of difference among the other black brushes and yet showing their stable colour. I personally do not like my brush to have different colour. The quality of the handle is really good! I have dropped and travel with this alot of times and i see no dent! I believe the black handle is made up of plastic. I am not very sure.


While on action:
After using this with my creams and liquids, it becomes the brush that i will always go for. Basically, I use this almost everyday. The brush has a small surface and it's very dense. Meaning, you will have very good control. Also with the slanted cut, you can get into the corner area like the sides of the nose, cupid, etc. It blend really smoothly and flawless with putting any force and without pricking you! The hair brush is fantastic. Even my Baby Niece and Nephew love playing with them. They also love playing with my Ecotools Kabuki... I have washed it so many times and i see no shedding. I haven't use this with powder but i believe with the density of the brush, it will definitely gives you a nice coverage.

Look how dense it is!!!

 I am using a bit of force because it's really dense. 

Pro:
  • Sleek, Compact and vasertile. Good for travelling
  • Small, Dense brush. Will have very good control.
  • Very soft bristle. Product simply glides on you face.
  • Very nice slant cut which enable use to reach the cornered area on our face.
  • Pricing is reasonable!
Cons:
  • Small surface, some might not like it. Not very good for the neck as it will takes a long time

How do I cleanse it:
Some of you might be curious on how i cleanse my brush. Especially with such dense brush, it's a bit difficult to 100% cleanse it as there will definitely some left in the middle. (Basically, for this brush, You only use the outer to the middle of the bristle.) I used to was this with Kirei Kirei and a mixture of Olive Oil. But there will still have a bit residue left there. What i like doing is to use a small bottle cap like below, Fill a little your brush cleanser(mine is the MAC Brush Cleanser), and soaked you brush in it. You can use dipping motion just like you dipped this on you face. After about a minute, all residue can be seen.



BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!!!
That is to wash them regularly. And i mean it. First it's not good for your clean face as everything has bacteria and also if the residue is there long term, it will be very difficult to wash them away! You do not want to waste money to buy another brush right? And not to let you face sacrifice because of your laziness right? So wash them! :))) It's rather fun to wash them and see how clean they are too! hehe~

So in total, It's a very good foundation brush for foundation! And it's very good for the beginner too! It's really easy to blend your foundation! If you have use this before, please let me know what do you think about it! I love to know~ :) Hope this review helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment