Monday, April 23, 2012

Spectecles or Lasik?

Hi sweeties!~

Before I start my topic, let me tell you what have my little eyes' story.

Ever since i reach Primary 2, i started wearing glasses. That was the cause to thought that glasses were cool (I have 2 sister who need to wear glasses). My degree continue to increase and i continue wearng glasses until i reached secondary 4/5 that i started wearing contact lenses. I really love the feeling of wearing contacts. It feels really good. Ever since then, I always wear contacts.

It was until 2010 (5 years later), my vision suddenly became blurry regardless my glasses/contacts were on. I first thought that it might be my degree increase again. However, the blurry vision comes and goes. I went to the optical shop for a check up and they said that my vision is fine. That was when i got very scared and the vision is too bad that was when i got very scared i would went blind. I decided to go to the eye clinic for a check-up.

After the eye check-up, i realised that my corneal is too dry that it is not in our normal smooth surface but zig-zag (from side view). That's the cause of wearing contacts daily. I was said that my vision will be back after 2 weeks.

2 weeks passed but my vision was still very bad. I was very scared and my friend recommend me to see her sister (an optician) for a check-up. I went to her and i was surprised that their small optical shop have quite a lot of machine that help to check the eyes various part. It's basically like what the eye clinic have!

The normal optical shop only have the machine to check your degree and astigmatic. She said this is not enough. We have to check a lot more. We have to check the eyeball shape and the condition of our eyes before knowing what brand and type of contact lenses is best for us.

After the check-up, she said that i have a lot of dead cells and need my eyes to be recovered before i was able to buy contact lenses. Also, my eye is also slightly flatter than normal eyes. I am not suitable for wearing contacts. She suggested me to buy the daily contacts and a certain brand.

It took me 2 weeks to recover and i started to wear glasses more often too. That's the reason why yall always saw me wearing glasses.

I am now 22 going 23 soon and i have been thinking of getting my eyes lasik soon. Whether my eyes is suitable for it is one thing i have to know but the most important thing is whether should i go for it! I love not wearing glasses but wearing glasses somehow give me that bit of unique character! At least that's what i thought of.

Here's a picture me with glasses~



And here's me without glasses~

Do you understand what i means? i dunno what i should do now.. Any suggestion?

No comments:

Post a Comment