Sunday, February 6, 2011

Future Goal

If you do not know me, I am someone that always like to foresee my future and set a distinguish goal to achieve. That's me.

Primary School:
Being the middle child in my family, I was dot be able to get the attention of my parents or any elderly. What's more? I am not pretty and do not study well at all. All my life, i was being compared to my sister's independent, prettiness, my brother's cuteness, anything that you can think of. That's why, since young, I am very rebellious.

I was always being nagged by not only my mother, but also my auntie who comes to my house everyday. Seriously hate it. Whenever she saw me not doing any homework (even though i didn't have any), she will starts nagging at me.

Then one day, i can't help it and burst into anger. I quarreled with her a quite long. I made a deal to her that she will not to nag or bother about me if she wants me to achieve good result for my PSLE.  That's when i first really starts to really study. However, at times, she will came into the room keeping some clothes or whatever, i know that she is spying and i can tell you the feeling sucks. So in the end I score ok but not that great and went into Deyi Secondary School (NA).

Secondary School:
This is where everything starts. That is also when i am really sick of being under my sister's shoes.... So on the very day that i starts my secondary school life, i tell myself that i am gonna win my sister. I am gonna let her feel pressurize... So from that point, my result got better and better. I am always at the top few. However, i can never jump to Express that made me sad. 

From Secondary 3, i aimed to go to Junior college so that i can finally sit at the same position as my sister used to be. However, everything changes when i have this 3 month tryout in SRJC. Though SRJC is consider one of the lowest JC, but i know that i will not be able to survive there. My English just can't pull through that 2 years.

I got my O level result and it wasn't that great that i thought of. I got 16 point if i am not wrong. Thanks to the geography topic that they suddenly came out. At that time, i did not really thought of my studies but about how am i going to face my parents. "Am i going to lose my parents' love that i have build up for all these years?", " Am I going to go back like previously?". Luckily, rather than losing the love that i have always yawn for, my mum comfort for, i can say, the first time. This is when i finally knew that my mum has changed her POV of me.

I thought to myself. Why am i always trying to win over my sister when not even a day i am happy even though i got great results? That is when i started thinking whether what is the thing that i really want.


Polytechnic
I have always like to draw, paint and think of stories. I have already lose my chance taking art during secondary school (due to my mum) and i really do not want to lose another chance to do what i like. So i gets into Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Multimedia and Animation.

My 3 years there is hectic and i have faced a lot of problems that you guys can never imagine. I join the ICT society which i will always turn away if i'm in the past. However i am happy. I have learnt and experience a lot of things. Those are my assets that my sister do not have. My grades are above good too. I got an overall of GPA 3.5 if i am not wrong. I am contented. My parents are proud of me too.


University/Work
Predictably, i apply for NTU, ADM. I have always aim for that and nothing more. However, after about 3 months of waiting, i got rejected. That's a lot of time wasted.

Looking for the first job wasn't easy. I have been applying for job while waiting for NTU admission. And finally, about 5 months of searching, i got accepted by Metro as an Graphic Artist and started working on August 11. And now i am still working. However, i might starts studying soon as i am going to apply for my degree this year. However, I am thinking of marketing or management. I came to realistic, with my standard and creativity, i can't survive in the design world. I can't put my name in that board. Also, to become a Art Director one day, i will also need managment/marketing skills too...

I wanna make myself big.... I wanna be the one that people recognized and look upon to. Lookout yall...

No comments:

Post a Comment