Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Review: Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliner: Jet Black

Hi Sweeties~

A HUGE thanks to Celestinloh that i have finally have something good to review on~
From my previous post, you babes should know that i have done a Beauty Swap with a local Beauty vlogger/blogger. She sent me a Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliner in Jet Black. I have always wanted to try this product but hesitated because of the pricing. I also do not have a good experience from my previous gel eyeliner~ Heard A LOT of loves from about this product and finally i gotta try them! Yeah!!!!

I have already tried them for quite a while and i am really loving it!



It claims:
"This award-winning liner gives you the look of liquid liner with the ease & feel of a gel formula. Long-wearing, water-resistant color glides on & let's you get it just right before it dries - then stays without a smear or crease.
Won Big-Day Beauty Awards 'Martha Stewart Weddings' (May 2012).
Awarded 'Best of Beauty' by 'Allure' Magazine (2012)."


Package:
The packaging is very normal just like any gel liner. However, I like the fact that the surface of the container is reasonably large. It makes it easier to get into the product. From view, it's not very deep too. Personally, i like it because for long run, i will not dirty my side of the brushes with the product. And also, i believe that for gel, as it dries up faster than you use them, the bottom layer of the products is always a waste. Therefore, there will not have product wastage.



Formulae:
The Formula reminds me of Urban decay Glide-on eyeliner. Really creamy but not too soft. I personally like it as it means that I will not be getting too much product at 1 go! However, some might not like it as it's a bit less creamy which cause it a teed bit difficult to apply. I have not tried the other colour yet but the colour payoff for "Jet Black" is really good! It's the matte blackest black than only need 1 swipe. Really do like it.



While on action:
I use the Ecotools eyeliner angle brush or the Laurier Mercier synthetic pointed tip brush with this.



Ecotools is great and cheap too! it gives a very nice clean line just like a liquid eyeliner! But what i love most is how cheap it is!



But personally, i will prefer my Laurier Mercier one as it will it will gives me a thinner line. I swipe a few times on the product. I am able to smudge and soften the line with this too. It's cleaner and easier for me.

Well back to the product. Do note that the top layer of the product is slightly more dry as there's a top seal layer. And with only 1or 2 glide(s), I have a instant nice black eyeliner! It's really pigmented. The outcome is very matte too. Really different from liquid eyeliner. I have been using for about 3 weeks without any other eyeliner (usually i will tightline my waterline with Urban Decay Zero). Till now, there is only a very mild smudge on my lower waterline which is really common because of my puffy and oily eyes. Compared to Urban decay eyeliner, it's much better :) So, i wont stay that it's waterproof (still haven't found one) but its definitely sweat-proof and rain-proof~ However, i do have a bit of smudging going on to my eyebag. Till now, i can't find any that don't.

Pro:
  • Work well with any kind of applicator. 
  • A really matte black result
  • Sweat-proof/rain-proof
  • Allows you to create any kind of unique artliner you want due to the gel form
  • Formula of it is creamy but not too creamy. Making it easier and cleaner to use.
Cons:
  • If not used to it, you might make a bit of a mess.
  • slightly troublesome as applicator have to be washed after every use.
  • Might smudge a bit if have very oily eyelid like me~ 


Tips and Tricks to prevent them from drying!
Ok! So enough of the review and now to me, the most important part as i am going to teach you how to prolong this baby and prevent it from drying up before you used them up!

As oxygen is the cause of it, the best way is to prevent oxygen to get contact with it. So even while using it, you will have to cover the formula up. Just like the image below.


Yeap! this will really help to prolong your product longer! But this 1 reason tells you to keep your vanity clean too! wipe them frequently so that bacteria will not go to your face.~

Next tip is to prevent them under any sunlight or spotlight! If you see those beauty counter, they always have really bright and nice lighting on their product. Yes, it's the best way to attract customers but not the best way to keep any beauty product! As spotlight/sunlight produces heat, it will cause dry up. For skincare product, heat might spoil the formula.

Also, try to use them in section so that lesser surface of the formula is expose to the air! This really does a difference!

And yeap! that's the end of this post! Sorry that i haven't blog frequently. As Christmas is killing me! Also, I WILL BE HAVING GIVEAWAY SOON IN MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!. Please subscribe and stay tune!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hello!^^ just saw your beauty swap video with Celestine loh!!!!! Really interested & I'm hoping I could do one with you too!!!:) Email me: aliciaxquris@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete