Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Review: Laura Mercier Mineral Powder


Review: Laura Mercier Mineral Powder

Today, i will be reviewing one of my favourite Loose Powder that is also my current everyday used powder. Mine is in Soft Porcelain. It's a bit too light for me. This is a product that i bought when my mind is being sucked by the makeup artist. haha~


It claims:
"A finely milled powder composed completely of natural elements with 15 active amino acids to promote radiant skin, diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles."

 

Package:
Exterior, the product is in a very hardy and good quality container which is, for me, a bit bulky. I do hope that it will be more compact. But when you turn the cover out, that is where the beauty of the packaging appears. There are holes on half of the surface for the powder to comes off. Not only that, they have this switch cover for you to turn so to prevent too much product coming off at once or prevent it to becomes a mess while you are travelling with it! That's really my favourite~ Totally in love with it. Just look at the image below.


Product:
The Mineral Powder is very fine. So fine that when you blend them, it starts to melt into the skin. Making your skin looks really flawless and brighter. I kinda like using thison my center of my face as that is where i have a lot of fine lines/dull skin. I want to brighten that area. This means, there is actually a good amount of coverage! I like using this to set my concealer/ foundation. It's a good combination. However, you do need to make sure that you blend them really well as due to the really fine powder, It might appear patchy if not blended nicely. The addition of SPF15 is really good too! Though it's not a lot, but you are actually putting Sunblock without making your face go greasy!

Look at my Swap! Hope it's obvious!



Pros:
  • Very good packaging that is good for travelling
  • Mineral powder is very fine that makes your skin looks very smooth
  • Wide range of colour tone. (mine gives off a brightening effect)
  • Good amount of product.
Cons:
  • Packaging is slightly bulky.
  • no application given
  • Slightly Expensive
How i use:
Switching with only half of the holes expose, I like to tap the powder onto the casing just like the image below. I will do around 1-2 tap. So with my fluffy brush (from ecotools), i will give a good stir and give it a tap so to prevent excessive product. I will then start from my undereyes area and slow blending out mainly onto my center of my face and with the leftover product in the brush, I blend them out lightly up to my jawline. 



Ok! I personally really love this among so many loose powder that i use! Have you use this before or do you have any loose powder you like? Please comment them! I like to know!

hehex~
xoxo~

No comments:

Post a Comment